Monday, February 7, 2011

Winter Wonderland

I love snow. It is an addiction comparable to cocaine. So how come all the snow comes while I can't enjoy it? The most I can do is stare longingly out the window and dream of the waist deep blower pow up at Bridger. What did I do to anger the snow god? Why does he/she hate me and rub the snow in my face (and not in a good way)? Why can I never get snow to come when it is convenient for me? You know the saying "It's puking snow", well I feel like I am actually getting puked on by the snow god.
Granted, I would have no problem skipping some classes to go shred (Charity, no offense when you read this), but I always have something important going on (class is important too) when the snow comes. For instance, today I had a job interview and this weekend I had to leave town. I had the choice to schedule the interview for today at 1, or tomorrow morning, and I chose today. So Bozeman, because of my scheduling choice, you are welcome for the heaps of snow. Ill keep you posted on my future plans to leave town so you will know when to head up to Bridger, because I guarantee when I am gone, we will get puked on again with snow.

This does raise a question, do you think the snow god is a god or goddess?

4 comments:

  1. I think I love the snow just as much as you do! She is definitely a snow goddess though, she is only apparent in the myths of some places and is only seen every once in a while, mostly during the winter. Other places see the Sun God much more often and goddesses are hardly mentioned in many myths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without having done any kind of research, I would say that it is a snow... god, I guess. Whenever I imagine a snow god, I imagine a cloud with a face, "puking" snow and wind out onto the Earth. Whenever you see a picture of this, it's always a guy. Then again, most people don't usually have the same appreciation for snow that you and I and Eden Uhrich do, and so the cloud face thing always looks malicious and mean spirited. If people can't draw the benevolent, loving, cheerful face of the snow god right, then how can they know if it's a god or a goddess?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do sincerely feel sorry for you (and me) that we weren't out enjoying the snow... maybe the whole class should go to Bridger and have a half-hour class in the lodge and then get on with our mythic practices (channeling Skadi).

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no better way to learn about creation then to get out in it and experience it first hand!

    ReplyDelete