Monday, April 25, 2011

the wrath of the sun god

I was at Big Sky on Saturday enjoying the nice weather and the festivities of the pond skim. It was a great day of fun in the sun and a bluebird day of shredding with good friends. However, I came out of it with some terrible sun burns. I guess this is the Sun gods way of reminding me of his presence and his power. I suppose when you don't think of him and respect him, he will let you know. I can't put on a shirt or pants, or move for that matter, without being reminded of his power. You think I would have learned my lesson by getting burnt in the past, but no. Like a smart individual, I only put on sunscreen once very lightly in the morning. It turns out falling on snow scrapes all of the sunscreen off. Therefore, I have a semi-blotchy, terrible sunburn. For the rest of the summer, I will always remember to respect the Sun god and put on sunscreen. I just hope he doesn't give me the ultimate punishment for not thinking of him and respecting him.... skin cancer.
Here is a photo of me doing the pond skim, pretty much everywhere you see skin is now a royally painful sunburn. Respect will forever be given to the Sun god.

1 comment: